All right! My beloved girlfriends who do read this have told me it's time to update. Thanks to all of you; I feel like there is someone out there who's waiting with me when I know that you are checking this.
So, for many reasons China seems to have decided that the wait time for adoptions should be 12 months. This means that from the official date of their receiving our dossier, we have to wait 12 months before they will send us a referral. When we started this process, we were told 6 months. Everyone was told this no matter what agency - that was standard practice. So December/January is long gone...we now feel fairly sure we will be matched with our child the end of June. The one good thing is that China is now more prosperous as a country and more Chinese are adopting children. This is great news but doesn't do much to make the wait go faster. But more children have families!
So...we wait.
In the meantime, it has been a rollercoaster with many lessons. A few in a nutshell: Enjoy what you have today...do not worry about things you can't control...complaining and unhappiness gets you no where.
That's my update. Not much but there isn't much that's "news worthy" except I now have an I-Pod for the long plane ride and my godchild's name is Charlotte James (not Charlotte Grace as previously erroneously stated)! There, Nollers.
Love,
Whalls
Thursday, April 20, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment