Sunday, October 28, 2007

A New Seat and Hat


Marie got an early Christmas gift this week too. She was given a cape/poncho and matching hat knitted especially for her by Aunt Dottie. She has not worn the cape yet but wore the hat yesterday while she went to the park with Daddy. Today when we put it on her, she had a great time pulling it down over her face to make us ask, "Where did Marie go?" It is very cute on her. We tried to capture some pictures and they really don't do the hat justice. I will keep trying.
Thank you!


This weekend I had the flu so Daddy was on deck. He did wonderfully, which is a surprise to no one. Friday night, I spent the night sleeping on the couch and really don't recall it. Saturday I know he and Marie went to the library, the park and got Chinese food. They played a lot together and she took a great nap. Good job Daddy! Sunday, he got a break as I was a lot better. Jim went to church while Marie and I took naps. Then she and I colored. Her new thing is she wants to sit "Indian-Style." You know, with crossed legs. She was trying to imitate me and sit that way while we were coloring today. For those of you who haven't been to the new house, you can see we have taped paper to the floor of the dining room part of the kitchen. (I am a true vision in sweats with a blanket draped over me to ward off chills). We then watched about 3/4's of Big Bird Goes To China. For our fellow China travelers, have you seen this? Am curious what you thought of it. Marie really loved the Monkey King; as I pulled up the blog I saw that Jim had already gone to Wikipedia to look it up. After that, on went the hat and off they went to Pet Smart to get a fish. We will see how long it lasts with the cat.


2 comments:

usafinks said...

Juleen: get well soon darlin'!!!

Jim: your the bomb!

Marie: precious as always!!!!!

Is it THAT cold up there already? Hats & ponchos? I guess it is just about November...

tarita said...

Juleen,
We have Big Bird Goes to China. Shoshannah is just now starting to sit still long enough to watch a video. Big Bird has not caught her attention yet. I thought it a cute movie.I know there are books in the library on the Monkey King but we haven't checked it out.I also thought it interesting that they used a girl to help Big Bird.

I hope you continue to feel better.
Kiss Marie for us.

Blessings,
Tarita