Sunday, October 12, 2008

Fall Fun

We had the pleasure of some friends' company last weekend. Three different families came over with their young children last Sunday afternoon. All the families had adopted internationally and had children Marie's age. They loved checking out the different toys and we braved "pumpkin painting." You can see from Marie's face she thoroughly enjoyed herself. She keeps moving her pumpkin to prominent locations "so everybody can see it."



We also have sacrified "style" and feng shui for a little while and moved the play tent up to the main level just to have something different to play in for a while. Most nights, after dinner, Marie and I retire to the tent for some reading. Jim caught us the other day.

It is a beautiful fall! I was lucky this weekend and had the opportunity to ride a chairlift up a ski hill. The view of the trees was amazing; we are almost at peak color. Marie is noticing it and she will point out the colors to me as we drive home from school. "Look at that red tree Mama!" She collects the leaves and pine cones and wants to share them with others. Many of you have small leaf piles at or near our home carefully selected by Marie.

2 comments:

usafinks said...

I heard on the morning news that you all were near peak!

I LOVE fall (the little bit we get :)

a house full of little ones must have been a blast!!

kisses to the princess!

Lisa said...

I love the "reading tent"! What a sweet photo! Please post pictures of the beautiful trees!!! Palm trees tend to stay green year round... lol