I gotta tell you, it was very emotional for me. I was determined to go. But...what to do with Marie? Do we bring her and try to explain this? Does Jim take time off or do I go alone??? Fortunately, we have family in that area so they helped us with a place to stay and some company. Marie was able to stay at school late so she and Jim could stay home. To meet the woman who was one of the first to hold Ty, to get that piece of his life and to Thank her for all she did...it was a magnificent opportunity. We were able to go out to lunch with her and to share a little more time together. She fed Ty, held him and was able to give me some advice (even though she only spoke Korean and I don't...I swear she told me to put a hat on him. Grandmas are all the same, no matter where they are from!) At the end, she and I had a brief moment together alone with Ty in the parking lot. She was very strong and supportive, I was sobbing, trying to thank her. I felt like it was that moment again in Seoul when we got in the cab with Ty at Holt taking him away to the hotel. Except this time Jim wasn't there with me to help get through it. My Guardian Angel took care of me and made sure that my college roommate Lynn was home to help me get through it. She is truly an angel and opened up her home to us. After his nap, Ty and I went over and spent some time with her and her little boy. It was a great way to focus on the positive! Thank you Lynn!!!
In the end, I am glad we went. The opportunity will never present itself again. It is a piece of Ty's history that I am happy to now know. We are truly blessed!
2 comments:
Wow, Juleen... what a treat. I would have made the drive too if Ellie's foster mom had been there. She also had one mom south of Seoul for a couple weeks before she was transferred up to her second foster family.
That's incredible!
Post a Comment