Friday, September 25, 2009

My Yard






My front yard is so so so so very sad looking. At our old house, we had a long stretch of hostas and shade perennials that looked quite nice. The yard was small but ok. Now, the yard is a lovely blend of grass, clover and moss. I have places to plant flowers but we scaled back budgets and I didn't buy very many plants or flowers so it's a bit bare. The driveway needs to be paved and the estimate we got is a bit much for right now so the gravel is disappearing and moss is moving into the gravel drive. It needs some love and attention. But we would both rather spend our time doing things with Thing 1 and 2 right now than do lawn work. I enjoy lawn work but I don't want to commit the time to it right now. But, there are days like today when I look at it and cringe quite a bit.

The lawn also looks like Romper Room. We hit a garage sale a few weeks back and got some deals that we truly couldn't resist (Baby slide for a buck, etc) but the yard truly looks like a daycare. It's such a short time, though. I can garden for decades, God willing, but Baby Slides as lawn ornaments will be around for a very very short time. So, I will keep ignoring the bad lawn care if you will, okay?

3 comments:

HollyMarie said...

I understand! Yes, you'll have a long time to beautify your lawn later... your kiddos are such a better investment right now. :)

The Meier Two said...

You are oh so right about the timing of yard beautification vs children. You will remember these days when they are grown and away and you are planting. The memories will bring smiles to your heart, chasing away the loneliness. Keep your eyes on the prize. Love you all. djm

usafinks said...

kenn used to come home from work and follow the trail of 'little tyes' to find us :)

yes, the yard will wait! enjoy the love!