Thursday, October 26, 2006

On the advice of my English teacher...





...I will update the blog. Marie got some mail; you can see she is jubilant! She does love getting the mail every day. She always gets to hold some junk mail and waving it around is just so much fun! The other pix is of her playing with her favorite toy - Jim's ID tag. And, of course, the picture of her with Daddy!

She is doing well; she wants to be with me a lot but that is good. Yesterday she played the piano but was really more interested in throwing the music on the floor. She loves loves loves her swing. Favorite foods remain rice,poultry and sweet potatoes, although bread crust and cheerios are right behind. She loves seeing what happens to food when she drops it, unfortunately. I do not know how much weight she has gained but you can see the chubby cheeks are now there and weren't before.

It is interesting to follow people's stories now who are just now getting pictures of their daughters. They have waited a long long time and we are so excited to see their journeys. On this side of the wait, that perspective is nice. One thing I realize, if we didn't have that delay waiting for Marie, I might not be home right now having this time with Grama. As Jim says,it is nice to see the hand of God in things.

I got to go have lunch at work today. Interesting to see how much I miss the interaction but how much I enjoyed leaving to go home for nap time. She is so much fun!

1 comment:

Anne & Scott said...

Oh, she looks so happy in your house, and we love her chubby cheeks! (Although we're not sure about the Michigan shirt.) ;-)

What fun. Thinking of you guys!
Anne, Scott and Ava