Saturday, October 07, 2006

Who's afraid of Daddy?


As you can see, Marie and Jim have come a long way. Today, Saturday, Jim played with her, got her down for her morning nap and took her for a walk all by himself! Then he went to a buddy's house to watch the UM-msu game.
Marie continues to adjust well. Her sleeping has improved dramatically so our sleeping has as well. Bedtime routine begins around 6:30 with a bath, stories and songs, bottle and prayers. Her favorite "lovely" unfortunately is the Charmin Bear - as in the toilet paper, yes. The radio ads made Jim and I laugh so much a few years ago that I got one as a joke for him. She loves it. She loves all stuffed animals but it is Charmin Bear who has stolen her heart. Her Pooh from Hong Kong airport is a close second though.
Today I left the house without her! It was the first time since we becme a family that I wasn't with Marie. It was quite exciting. My big excursion was to the grocery store and then the Farmer's Market where I met Kerry and her 3 year-old daughter Hailey. I was gone for 1.5 hours! And, oddly enough, the world didnt end and she survived without me.

No comments: