Aunt Jacqui reading Marie the book she gave us at the baby shower
Daddy and Marie blocking Momma from the Ann Taylor store on Michigan Avenue
Some pals at the American Girl store. Bought nothing but Jim dug the babydoll hair salon
Marie's favorite dish at the Chinese restaurant
We met up with the group on Friday morning at the aforementioned zoo and I was in shock for a good hour, I think. Marie too. It was hard to absorb that we were all together again. We didn't do anything major other than just hang out and play all weekend. It really was overwhelming emotionally and we made a committment to continue with our reunions. We are thrilled with that.
It was amazing to see how well the girls were matched to their families, the Hand of God. The tiny petite girl with quite the expressive personality was in a family of petite, expressive women. The always-on-the-go-girl-who-never-takes-naps was with a stay-at-home Mom who has enough energy and patience to parent her. And on and on...of course, we already knew that Marie was meant to be our daughter!
I don't know how to describe the weekend. It was especially nice to come "home" each night to Jacqui and John's...Jacqui being my best friend from 3rd grade on. To tell them about the day made it even better. Thank you again for allowing us to stay!

4 comments:
surreal. awesome... and that view: spectacular!!!
glad Marie had a great time... what a wonderful city to reconnect :)
Cuteness! I can't remember if we carried Mia M or Mia G on the long flight back to the US. ???
Also--Lin is the middle name of the uncle we named Christopher after.
Glad you had fun.
Conway
You carried Mia G...I had forgotten about that. She is such an adorable and bright kid!!!
Wow... sounds like an awesome time was had! I love the view too!
Glad you had the opportunity to connect! :)
Post a Comment