(Okay, Marie's not in this picture but I love it of my big bro and me)
Jim as some sort of Roman soldier...living the dream
Marie touring the halls of the Getty with Daddy and Uncle
Decorating a vase in the kids room
After hearing, for years, that we had to go to the Getty Villa in Pacific Palisades, Jim and I finally made it. The Getty Villa is a recreated Roman villa tucked in the hills overlooking Malibu. It houses a part of JP Getty's antiquities collection. It's 100 percent Jim's dream to stroll through the Villa and pretend it's all his...alas, he had a toddler with him so the strolling was brief.
Marie has been learning body parts (this is going no place good). She has been intrigued with some found only on her father, if you get my drift. Well, the Romans were not big believers in keeping it covered. You've seen a Roman statue? It's all out there. Like most museums, there is a hushed atmosphere in the galleries, so little voices can ring out and fill the room with their pronouncements. For example, Marie noted loudly that many statues did not have noses or that they have big eyes. However, the guards and patrons truly loved it when we walked into a room, came face-to-face with one large statue and she proclaimeed at the top of her voice, "That's a penis!"
I am so proud...

The Getty Villa
2 comments:
So,I would love to know what the reaction was of the parents of this smart little girl! Very observant she is!:) Wish I could have been there>
oh...
more vacation pictures! Looks like Marie had a high time... as did her much "taller" playmate :)
the landscape is beautiful!
Post a Comment