After the first 6wk session, the instructor decided that Marie was ready to go sans parent. Today was her first day flying solo. They did allow me to sneak in briefly from the waiting area to take a few quick photos of her. Here they ran (sort-of), jumped on the mini-trampoline and got on the vault. Then they jumped into the foam pit which Jim and I call "the pit of despair" as it is difficult to climb out of. Two instructors for 6 kids so I was thrilled with that ratio. They also did a number of other pseudo-gymnastics activities like go on the low uneven bar, do the tumble track and balance beam. She was nervous but decided that she loved it.
Ty gets to go too! This is perfect for him. It is safe, fun and there are lots of ways for him to crash, smash and fall with all the equipment and mats. He has no fear and it is all Jim can do to keep up with him.
So we will continue spending our Saturday mornings this way until the snow sets in and then we will subject Marie to ski school and move gymnastics to a weeknight. Fun stuff though!
3 comments:
both the kids looks so at home on the gymnastics equipment! ...Annnalee HATED the foam pit.
so jealous of Marie learning to ski!
I've been hovering around adoption blogs for a while because I want to adopt when I grow up, I'm just not the mos topen girl in the world and so I haven't commented before. But I thought you should know that at least someone out there is reading and is entertained by your life and story. I used to do gymnastics, and now I am jealous cause they never gave me freezy pops :)
Friday Happy Hour is GENIUS! I would sign up. Beer in the Bounce House :)
Post a Comment