Wow...looking through the photos, I see I am quite behind. Father's Day, goofy summer events - yes, I have some blogging to catch up on! But, today's I want up right away so the other's must wait.
So, it's been a busy week, errr, summer. Monday was my last meeting/work committment that I must attend for a while. WHEW! So our summer began Tuesday! Tuesday was a picnic day for us after Ty got poked at the Dr. Wednesday was gymnastics with Annie and then we got in the car to head to Grand Rapids. Grandma hosted us for the night and the kiddos enjoyed her pool. Actually, Marie enjoyed floating around on her life raft and Ty liked the steps and splashing. Still not into the pool yet for him. Kids had fun seeing Grandma and they giggled far, far past their bedtimes and then started up again when I went to bed at 11pm. Needless to say, Momma was big time crabby this AM.
The purpose of the trip was to meet up with some sweet girlfriends from my college days. We all met at Meijer Gardens, skipped the indoors part and went directly to the kid area. Threw bathing suits on the little ones and let them play, play, play.


It is built on a hill and the water flows naturally downward, taking everything the kiddos place in it with it. Marie made several trips top to bottom and back up again. Ty rarely left the "proximal zone of Momma safety" but nearly took a plunge himself into the slip stream.

We drifted to a smaller fountain for some splashing and then dried off to explore some more. You can see Marie thought this was all good...

After switching back to dry clothes, the kiddos explored the giant tree house. Here they are, sitting on the big blue eggs.

In short, they had a blast. And I had a blast visiting with my friends. You know it is a good friendship when the conversation picks up right where it left off. And when you leave you realize how much you miss them. Thank you, ladies!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment