Friday, July 30, 2010

Slice of Lazy Summer Life

The kiddos and I have been home together all week. We have had great, amazing weather, some nice company, but still...about 5:15pm, we are stalking the front porch waiting for Daddy to come home. I *may* hype it up some but they do love their daddy! I back off at this time for his and my own good. It's ALLLL Daddy!!! I think, giving the evidence above, Daddy plays with them a little differently then I do. He could breathe, he says. No worries.


Ty is indeed a full-blown toddler, no baby in there! He does enjoy his "chores" and insists, firmly, loudly, that he do it! "I DO!!! I DOOOOO!!!" One of his favorite tasks is feeding the cat. Good job, Ty. Take that thoroughness with you on your road in life and you'll do fine.


Marie is giving up her nap. Not sure who this is hardest on. If she naps, she is up quite late. No nap, no fun for anyone some days. Additionally, at times, she is waking in the middle of the night and has a vast number of fears: the fan, the dark, the possible disappearance of stuffed animals. This results in her sleeping late, very late, some days. This AM she slept well past Jim's departure and was stricken upon waking because evidently he had promised some magical breakfast experience. We made due with some old waffles and shredded chocolate on top with a splash of whipped cream. She recovered.


Some days, they are indeed exhausted in the late afternoon. This was Marie's idea of a "fun game" to play about 4:30 PM. See... no nap!! See... toddler who wants to do everything "Sissy" does. See...where the HECK is Daddy???

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh the joys of summer!! I keep hearing everyone say that it is coming to an end too quickly...but we still have 4+ weeks!!!

Need to get together again soon. :)

usafinks said...

so glad to be over the 'no nap' phase! if annalee sneaks one (even 10 minutes) in the car she's up till nearly midnight.

love the daddy pouncing!

Reading Glasses said...

That's funny, I was just thinking about picking up the mid-afternoon nap habit. Can I have Marie's time slot?