Cars go fast down our road. I know, every parent feels that the cars go too fast down their road but in our neighborhood, ours is the only street that is not curvy and hilly. So when people get onto the Hillside Dr Straightway, they let it rip. They usually see the kids out and then slow down - after they have gone by! Both Ty and the neighbor boy who is two have gotten out into that road before a parent could nab 'em. It is a worry. So, yesterday, after what felt like the 100th car (probably was the third), I said, "That does it. I am making a sign." I did and Marie decided she wanted to as well. Mine is still sitting in the garage. I thought I would give hers a chance to work first. It is on the mailbox and I worried briefly if the postal carrier would take it personally. Then I remembered that he clocked at least 40 last time he flew through and decided I don't care if he does.
Sunday, July 17, 2011
Now She's Mad
Cars go fast down our road. I know, every parent feels that the cars go too fast down their road but in our neighborhood, ours is the only street that is not curvy and hilly. So when people get onto the Hillside Dr Straightway, they let it rip. They usually see the kids out and then slow down - after they have gone by! Both Ty and the neighbor boy who is two have gotten out into that road before a parent could nab 'em. It is a worry. So, yesterday, after what felt like the 100th car (probably was the third), I said, "That does it. I am making a sign." I did and Marie decided she wanted to as well. Mine is still sitting in the garage. I thought I would give hers a chance to work first. It is on the mailbox and I worried briefly if the postal carrier would take it personally. Then I remembered that he clocked at least 40 last time he flew through and decided I don't care if he does.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment