Thursday, February 04, 2010

Updating All of You...


I tried to get a good shot of Ty in his "Little Randy" snowsuit. You know, the baby brother from "The Christmas Story?" Ty is a big bundle of snow love. When any of us gets our snow pants on, he gets so excited! Starts to emphatically and repetitively screaming his little-toddler-phrases-that-only-I -understand and tries to throw his little body into the snow suit so he doesn't miss out on the fun.

When I left school today and stepped out of the building into the beautiful winter day (grey sky, temp in the 20's, no new snow...bleh), I decided that we as a family had had ENOUGH. Sickness, Parent-Teacher conferences, car problems, computer virus, phone tag of a variety of issues...ai yi yi!!! Here's our week: Marie learned the phrase, "Hocking up a lugie." Thank you, Jim. Yeah, nice. So, in order to combat these blues, tonight was designated as "Family Fun Night." Once Marie got up from her nap, she and Ty and I danced, ate chocolate and listened to "Thomas the Tank Engine" songs on the computer. Then, I opened up a can of Campbell's Extra Noodle Soup, steamed some broccoli and, voila, dinner in 5 min. No prep, no pots and pans. Once Daddy got home, we headed outside to all go sledding. Marie had a huge blast sledding down our small hill. Jim took Ty on the banks next to the driveway. He would drag him up the bank on his sled, take him 5 ft along the top and then make him say, "GO!" before he would pull him back down the snow bank.

You see what we are aiming for...a night of uninterrupted sleep. We figure we send them to bed tired and happy and full of fresh air and just maybe, there won't be screaming in the middle of the night. Please. I need it. Strategic but fun.

Want to give our thoughts to the Molter Family who are waiting for their final paperwork to go to South Korea! Their son (aka Ty's new best friend) is waiting for them!!! He is older than Ty and we are very excited to help welcome him home! Sending good vibes!

Here is Ty "dancing" to the Thomas song. Some of you might recall Marie dancing to this 2 years ago...

1 comment:

The Meier Two said...

Love it! Love it! Love it!!!! xoxoxo djm