Thursday, September 14, 2006

Day Two


Here we are at the Temple of Heaven. It was amazing; a quartermile long stretch of parks and walkways leading up to this temple. We took a cab with another couple and had an adventure getting there and back! The air is so bad; a thick haze enveloped the city all day long. Then in the afternoon we went to the SilkMarketplace. Bought no silk but bartered and bought some squeaky shoes for Marie. We also figured out the food court and ate some noodles while using only chopsticks. In the evening we went to the acrobatic show and also met the rest of the group. I was pleased that I could understand the cab driver and the sales clerks with the tiny amount of mandarin we learned. We also have figured out the money. Again, we are exhausted. Tomorrow morning we go to the Great Wall and the cloisonne factory. I think we will sleep a little on the bus. One and a half days left in Beijing!

No comments: