




We all have colds. Marie gave them to us as her welcome gift. So today we spent a lot of time getting her better. I stayed in the room with her sleeping on my chest so she could breathe, Jim ran around trying to get the things we needed. She actually went to the hotel clinic and they told us she has a cold- give her cold medicine. So we did! Tonight she and I sat in the bathroom and steamed, we vaporubbed and aspirated. I gave her a good dose of cold meds and I think most of it actually got swallowed.
Our pictures show how we have had quite the day today, even with the illness. One thing you can't tell from the pictures is that Marie went through 3 outfits by 10am. She was a busy girl this morning. At dinner I said that I feel like I have formula over everthing I own. We also got a phone call this morning from home - thanks Charles! I was in shock at a familiar voice and could barely talk! Nice to realize that home is getting closer!
The first picture was a gift to us from the hotel. Every family that adopts and stays here receives a Welcome Home Barbie. This is quite the baby-filled place. Everytime you get in the elevator you get to exchange stories and admire the new baby of another couple. It is so much fun to be here as everyone is happy and excited to go home.
The next one, with our cutoff heads, is from two nights ago. Marie wanted to make sure everyone in Nanchang was aware of the Michigan victory over Notre Dame.
After that are some pictures of the medical exam. That was interesting. Basically there wer 3 stations. They just looked at every nook and cranny on her and measured everything. She was no thrilled as this meant a lot of strangers holding her. More on that later.
Last is the night view out our window. Actually we can't get a picture of the entire view as it is quite the picture window. But you can see how nice it is.
Tonight we had a traditional Chinese dinner with the majority of the families. The food was awesome. Jim ate everything andMarie had rice, steamed bun and cheerios. Later he and a few other new Dads are meeting. They realized that in China one can have a cuban cigar and I believe they are going to partake in a celebratory new dad cigar.
So, the holding. She won't go to anyone but me without crying. Not just a few tears either. She was with her foster family till Sept 1st and then was back in the orphanage till last Sunday. Sunday she had a 3 hour bus ride and then was left with these strangers - us. So we decided to not push it and basically I end up holding her a lot. We put her in the carrier and I get so excited to have my arms back! She's gonna hate the carseat. So just be forewarned. She only started touching Jim today and will smile at others but she makes you work for it.
Tomorrow we get our visas and leave for Hong Kong early the next day. I will try to do one more post before the big trip home. Thanks for reading and sharing this with us.
1 comment:
What a princess your Marie is!! And Tak nominated you to be THIS YEAR'S HOMECOMING QUEEN, but I nixed it for you. You will have enough on your plater next Wednesday without a Homecoming Parade at West High School!! Travel safely and know that prayers are with all of you as you return home.
Post a Comment