Sunday, November 11, 2007

Climbing and Bathing




We love to climb. It is particularly fun to climb on the ledge of the fireplace and jump off...you can see the edges are padded...hmm, wonder why? We climb on chairs, stairs, in and out of the tub and we have contemplated the crib but nothing too much there, yet. We have 4 little chairs like this one scattered throughout the house and she knows where they are and loves to climb them.
Tonight, Jim helped out again at youth group. There is a huge side-benefit to this for me...tonight he came home with half of the leftovers of the pasta bar. I put two containers of spaghetti sauce in the freezer and have dinner for tomorrow! I have some sort of cold that has settled into my chest but is making my eye discharge icky stuff. Needless to say, I didn't go to church. So, as he was at youth group, I was in charge of Marie. After dinner, I looked at her and thought, I am too tired to play for another hour. So I asked her, "Marie, do you want to take a bath in the big tub with Mommy?" She looked at me, dropped her stuff and ran over to the stairs. We got her stuff ready for bed, I through on my suit and into the tub we went. She had a blast and after a half-hour I had to force her to get out. She likes to lie on top of me, put her head on the tub pillow and kick her legs making a huge splash. Marie went right to sleep after that. Good Night!

3 comments:

usafinks said...

Oh... I bet Marie is going to LOVE swimming next summer! I LOVE swimming... the kids sleep better after swimming than any other time.

I do hope you shake your bug soon...

Reading Glasses said...

Watch the fireplace ledge, Daddy had trouble with that when he was pretty young.

HollyMarie said...

Cute! Ellie likes when I sit on the edge of the tub and soak my feet while she's playing in the bath! We had fun at your house the other day, thanks for having us!! :D