Tuesday, November 06, 2007

Ready for Church


Marie is doing much better at mass. She will draw for part of it and munch on cheerios for part. The rest of the time is spent standing on me and looking at the people behind us. I feel a little bad about this because I know it is a distraction to others. Things have been so busy that our church schedule is a little chaotic. Sometimes I go in the morning alone at 11 and Jim goes alone at 5pm (or vice versa); sometimes we all go at 9am. She is not too into the music which is surprising to us. We now live quite a bit closer to a different parish and we have gone there a few times and enjoyed it. But, then Jim got a request from the youth minister at our old parish asking him to help out at youth group on Sunday nights. So now we are back to St. Francis for a bit. For a while Marie was attempting to crawl under the pews and other such antics but now she is doing pretty good at sitting in our laps. And she loves Holy Water. She points to her forehead to make sure I do not forget to make the Sign of the Cross on her with Holy Water.

2 comments:

Reading Glasses said...

Depending on the homilie, I too find it difficult to resist crawling under the pews. I'm glad to see I'm not the only one.

HollyMarie said...

I had to chuckle when I read your post! Brings back memories of when I was little and trying to sit still in church! :D Ellie currently enjoys playing in the nursery each Sunday. :)