Saturday, January 10, 2009

Ready!!! And Friends!!!

We are R-E-A-D-Y...or Not.
Not!
But we have food in the freezer, diapers in the bin and a fleece to wrap him in.
So we are ready to go whenever we get the call.




Friends!
Marie so enjoys the time with her cousin. She asks about her cousins every few days, wondering when she gets to see them next.
Over the past few days, I have had some great conversations with Marie.
"Why does Christmas have to go away?" she asks.
I attempt to explain this with, "Christmas has to end so we can have Easter. Easter has to end so we have summer. Then after summer is Halloween. "
This strikes a chord. She puts both fists up over her head, jumps to her feet and screams, "HALLOWEEN IS COMING!!! AND I GET C-A-N-D-Y!!!"
Today was the "Why" session.
"Why does Santa have to go away?"
"Because he needs a holiday after Christmas."
"Why?"
"Because he worked so hard on Christmas Eve, delivering presents to girls and boys."
"Why?"
"To deliver gifts to celebrate Christmas."
"Why?"
"Because he wants to celebrate Jesus's birthday."
"Why?"
"Because Jesus came to save us."
"Why?"
"Because God loves us."
"Why?"
"Ahhhh...that is the question, now isn't it."
And the last one, "Why is your mouth THERE?" pointing to my mouth.
I explain with, "Because if food drops out of your mouth, it won't hit your nose or eyes. If your mouth was higher, food would fall into your nose."
It is fun to see what comes out of her mouth next.



5 comments:

Lisa said...

I can't believe the time has come to go get your son! This is amazing and we are so excited for you!

Love your answers to Marie's "why" questions.... very clever and insightful!

Reading Glasses said...

Having spent the weekend with one of Marie's cousins, I am now far more knowledgeable about The Hulk than I was on Thursday.

HollyMarie said...

So cute! I hope you get your call soon... should be any day now! Wowzers.... :D

usafinks said...

halarious!!

I bet M.'s eyes had a small twinkle in them when you said Halloween.

how weird to see diapers again!!!

usafinks said...

:)

just noticed your new title!!
love it

xoxo