Thursday, March 26, 2009

A Surprise Gift

We were given quite the gift today - this picture. A lady that I "know" via the Bethany discussion board has twin girls from South Korea. She and her husband went to bring them home in November 08. At that point, we had just received information about Ty and were waiting for our paperwork to be processed so we could eventually go to get him in Feb 09. When parents go to receive their children, they go to the Holt offices to first meet them and then the next day receive them for good. The Holt offices consists of many parts, one being the doctors office that the children go to for the well-baby visits. When Jim and I were there, we saw many babies with their foster mom's.
In short, when this lady was in South Korea getting her twin daughters, Ty and his foster mom were in the waiting area, likely waiting for a doctor visit. She snapped their picture and sent it to us today!
I can't tell you what this means to us. We do have some pictures of Ty that his foster mom took for us so we are not completely in the dark about his first months. But, how can a few photos ever tell us about the months we were apart? Our hearts ache that we were not there for him, although we KNOW he was well loved and taken care of. Still...we wish that we knew more so that one day we could answer any question he may have. To have this candid glimpse into his life as a baby in South Korea, is just priceless! THANK YOU Kris!!!

5 comments:

tarita said...

What a priceless gift!

Lisa said...

Priceless is right! I am so glad you got this rare and wonderful gift!!

usafinks said...

what an awesome gift!

he looks so well cared for --and his foster mom has a bottle in her hand... that just warms my heart!

Reading Glasses said...

How cool is that? Very neat!

Unknown said...

So glad I could send it :) I know how important it is to know and see them in the life before they joined your family. I enjoy reading your blog and peek now and again at it. Maybe we should start one too! Kris